Dear students and exchange visitors,
The Division of Global Engagement is still processing I-20/DS-2019’s travel authorizations while operating remotely.
Student’s should email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an I-20/DS-2019 travel signature approximately one week before traveling outside of the U.S. Please send the email from your University email account. DGE staff will mail an I-20 that includes a travel signature to the student’s local address through regular mail which takes approximately 1-3 business days for delivery.
Please travel with the items listed below for re-entry to the U.S. in F-1/J-1 status:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of re-entry to the U.S.
- Valid F-1 visa
- I-20 endorsed for travel within the preceding year
- Current financial documentation (bank statements, assistantship appointment letter)
- UL Lafayette transcript. Students can request an official transcript from the Registrar’s Office.
- Name and contact information of UL Lafayette’s Designated School Official (DSO). Your DSO is Katie Louviere or Rose Honegger. Phone: 337-482-6819. Email: email@example.com
Please visit UL Lafayette’s COVID-19 webpage for updates related to COVID-19 and University operations.
Restrictions on travel are rapidly evolving. We urge you to review travel notices issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Additionally, you should review travel advisories issued by the U.S. Department of State. Please also refer to your embassy’s website to verify entry requirements in your country of citizenship.